February 11, 2012

WALK THAT WALK: I keep forgetting this world is full of good people.

This morning, I went with Monica and Sam to Mercato Centrale at The Fort. If you didn't know, Mercato Centrale is a weekend market produced by RJ Ledesma, Anton Diaz, and company.

I had actually just come from Mercato Friday night, for a launch. It's a little strange because the regular Mercato was tons better. For some reason, they didn't have too many stalls Friday night, which I don't get. Don't they want good write-ups? Sigh. Anyway, the ones I tried weren't particularly impressive so I went back this morning not particularly enthusiastic.


One of the first few stalls I saw today was Risa Chocolates. I met the owner Pam Lim and had a quick interview about Risa Chocolates for my blog.

When nothing in Manila offered the kind of truffles she wanted, Pam decided to make her own. “These truffles, I shared with friends and family who also liked the way it tasted,” she says. “[They] asked me to make some for them.”

The idea has attracted a clientele of like-minded chocolate lovers. “Our usual customers are people who are very fond of chocolates and can tell a good quality chocolate from an average one,” she says. “They’re the types who go out of their way to buy delicious food to satisfy their cravings.”

Anyway, I had every intention of getting some of her bespoke chocolate as Valentine's gifts for my mom and cho. Pam, however, insisted on giving it to me for free, as a thank you for the this feature.


I was floored. I've never really desired any kind of thank you or anything, since this is my first store feature, but I guess I was just struck by Pam's gesture because it was sincere. She was getting nothing out of my giving me free chocolates.
                                          
And if you know me, you know how much food means to me.


It's nice to know people will still say "thank you" and mean "thank you" and not expecting anything in return. So yeah. Those little chocolate bars really give me hope for humanity, you guys.

Happy Valentine's Day folks! 



Like Risa Chocolates on Facebook: Risa Chocolates



2 comments: